So it would seem that I have a large bag of whole wheat flour in my kitchen that I have never used. Why I bought it? I don't know, maybe because I wanted to be healthy at one point. I'm going to try again. By making some muffins. But hey, they have apples in them too.
What you'll need:
-1 cup whole wheat flour
-1 cup all purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-1/4 cup butter, melted
-1/2 cup white sugar
-1/2 cup packed brown sugar
-1 large egg
-1 cup plain whole fat yogurt
-2 large apples, peeled and cut into little cubes
-1/4 cup brown sugar to top
1. Preheat the oven to 450˚F (232°C)
2. Line a muffin pan with baking cups
3. Mix flours, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl, and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Add the egg and mix well. Add the yogurt, and mix until fully combined. Stir in the flour mixture until fully incorporated. Fold in the apple chunks.
5. Divide the batter into the muffin cups, sprinkling brown sugar on top. Bake for 10 minutes, turn the heat down to 400°F(204°C) then bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.