4 May 2012

Apple Pie Cookie


For the days were you really want an apple pie, but are too lazy to make the crust.  Actually, I don't know. The crust is the best part of the apple pie in my opinion. You can make or break a pie depending on your crust. I think that's why most people buy pre-made crusts to avoid that defining moment when you taste the crust: Does it flake? Is it not cooked enough? I will make an apple pie soon, I swear, but for now I would like to act the part of cookie monster and make some...





 Now this one was the smallest cookie of the batch. The runt, you can call it. The others were MONSTERS. Seriously, they could probably eat you before you got the chance to eat them. I'm a little bad that way. I put them on the baking sheet, and it's always "just a little more. Hmm, I think I'll add just some more to that one over there." One time, the whole baking sheet ended up being a huge cookie. Sure I like big cookies, but that was just too much. I think I need one of those scoopers. It may help me to CONTROL myself.







What you'll need:
-1/2 cup shortening
-1 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
-1/4 cup milk
-1 egg
-2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
-1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-1 large apple, cored, peeled and chopped into cubes


Directions:

    1.   Preheat the oven to 350˚F
    2.   In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and shortening, until light and fluffy. Add eggs and milk and mix well.
    3.   In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
    4.   Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until fully incorporated. Fold in the apples.
    5.   Drop the batter by tablespoonful on a lightly sprayed baking sheet.
    6.   Bake for around 12 minutes, or until the cookies are browned on the edges.


 You might also like:
Apple Pumpkin Muffins 

30 comments:

  1. What a GREAT idea, I'd serve these as ice cream sandwiches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this idea, so much easier than apple pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love crusts too! To me, they are what makes the pie. This apple pie cookie is a great idea! Also, those cookie scoopers are awesome. I got one as a Valentine's present and absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks really nice & sounds yummm..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must be weird because the crust is not my favorite part of the pie; however, I do think it either makes or breaks the pie so it is vital. This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks good
    http://lavanyasrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, first time here...Yes this is a great idea. Drop by if time permits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! An apple pie you can carry around with you all the time - heaven :D
    Thank you!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is definitely something I would love to try! Very tempting :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. my!my!.......love the cookie...an amazing idea!..very, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How easy is this?? I love it. Even easier than a hand pie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is too good, feel like grabbing them out of the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, this all sounds absolutely delicious to us

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks scrumptious ! Gorgeous , too ! I just love the texture of that cookie !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have an apple orchard and am always looking for recipes using apples. Your recipe sounds terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i agree with you ..many times i would like to a make a pie or tarts but thinking of making the pastry, i put the idea aside and i dont see any ready made shortcut pastry selling here! haha! i can imagine the BIG cookie you're talking about. The spices sound wonderful for this apple cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how I adore spices in cookies! I've never been brave enough to make pastry, but cookies are awesomepants :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. That's a huge cookie. I, too, love big cookies and I love them either crispy or chewy. Thanks for visiting me..I'm following you now. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love anything with apples. Bookmarking these to try it out. New to your space and happy to follow you. Do check out mine when you find time.
    Tickling Palates

    ReplyDelete
  20. Apple cookies sound pretty good to me. Perect with my cup of tea.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am always more motivated to make cookies than bake a pie. I love pie, but it seems like much more work. Once I get into it though I'm not quite sure. Ha, ha! These sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've had apple pie muffins but never apple pie cookies. Can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These sound wonderful and also quick and easy when you want a little baked apple dessert but not a whole pie!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Apple and spices give such a feeling of home. These cookies would be great for my son who lives away now.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks terrific!!! I enjoy apple pie but don't always have the time to make one. Cookies are the way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) An apple pie cookie sounds really great. Very clever. I love new takes on classic desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yummy! My teenage sons will certainly love these big cookies! Love the lovely in these cookies too & looks so tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. They look amazing! Would love to bake these :-)

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.