10 Aug 2012
Healthy Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Who can resist cookie dough? I certainly can't. When I make cookies, half of the cookie dough is reserved for me, and me alone. No I will not put this stuff in the oven. Hand over a spoon. This stuff is making a beeline right to my mouth.
But this, of course, has got me to thinking: well this cannot be that healthy for me. Never mind the raw eggs in it, but all the butter I put in there? Is there not a better way? How can I have my cookie dough fix, and still hope to be healthy? This sounds like an impossible feat. Like proving the Riemann Hypothesis. Or chewing gum while holding books and walking downstairs. (To this day..it seems impossible. Too much multitasking going on there..)
But where there is a will, there is always a way. This may be cliche, but the cliches are the best. And this, I can tell you, is pretty darn good. If you read the ingredients, you will find Nutella. And really? Anything with Nutella tastes good. No matter what. And even though Nutella had to pay $3M in lawsuit over false nutritional claims, it is still going to be seen in my cupboard. And in my baking.
I'm not saying that this cookie dough is the healthiest thing out there. I'm just saying that compared to my raw egg infested butter bath, it's almost like choosing a salad over McDonalds. Which I have yet to do. Why are there McDonalds all around me? They don't even give me a chance.
What you'll need:
-1/3 cup honey Greek yogurt
-2/3 cup chickpeas, dried
-1/4 cup nutella
-2/3 cup whole wheat flour
-1/4 cup oats
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-1/2 cup chocolate chips
-1/3 cup brown sugar
1. In a small bowl, soak the chickpeas in water and let sit overnight.
2. Bring the chickpeas to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover, and let the beans cook for around 60-90 minutes.
3. Drain the chickpeas and coarsely puree in a food processor.
4. In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt, chickpeas, oats, nutella and salt. Slowly mix in the flour and sugar until fully incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Enjoy! Form into balls, refrigerate or freeze.
You might also like:
Nutella Mug Cake
Eggless Banana Chai Latte Cookies
Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies