10 Nov 2012

Rosebud Peanut Butter Cookies



The strangest thing happened to me the other day.

I looked in my cupboard, and oh my gosh. What is this?? Uneaten chocolate? Can it be?

Oh yes, it really can. As much as I wanted to sit down on a nice (sturdy) chair and just stuff my face with this sweet goodness, I decided (since it's so close to Christmas and all) that I was going to share this chocolate with others. And what is the best way to share things? Why, in cookie form, of course!




Of course I forgot to put flour in this, or anything not resembling sugar. I think I should put a disclaimer on this post: if you do not like sugar, I advise that you look away from the ingredient list. Far, far away. But I haven't had a peanut butter cookie in so long, so I think I deserve the treat.





What you'll need:

-2 cups peanut butter
-2 eggs
-2/3 cup brown sugar
-2/3 cup confectioners sugar
-2/3 cup white sugar
+rosebud chocolates (best if you freeze them)


Directions:

    1.   Preheat the oven to 350˚F
    2.   Cream together the eggs, sugars and peanut butter.
    3.   Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
    4.   Bake for 10 minutes. Remove cookies from the oven. Press the frozen rosebud chocolates onto the warm cookies, and transfer to wire racks to cool.


You might also like:
Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies 
Chocolate Chip Cookies 
Oat and Peanut Butter Energy Balls 

15 comments:

  1. Peanut butter gives a nice taste to the cookies! These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous cookies and I like the rosebuds in the center. great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! :D I like that idea, sharing chocolate, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the star-swirled chocolate drops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peanut butter and chocolate are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorably delish :)

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  7. my ignorance made me not realize that it is possible to make cookies without flour. this looks good! perfect thing to have to wake me up in the middle of the day when i'm falling asleep in front of my students! i also love that gorgeous rosebud in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No flour in those yumminess ?! Cool ! :D And they still look really really good ! Adding the rosebud chocolates on top is a nice touch !

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM and i love the rosebud chocolates! i'll take 2 cookies with a scoop of ice cream please!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that touch of droopy rosebud chocolate really makes it so much more yummier! can't believe this could work without flour, wow! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peanut butter and chocolate are always a great combination! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am intrigued by the lack of flour in this recipe. Peanut butter and chocolate and sugar, what's not to like

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha thanks for sharing! :P These cookies look awesome...can't go wrong with the chocolate/PB combo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I would be more selfish than you and eat at least half of the chocolate lol! But then again no chocolate satys for long in this house! Thank you for the cookies they look perfect!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.