20 Dec 2012

Vegan Chocolate Muffins



Since I was contemplating being a vegetarian, I tried my luck at making vegan muffins. And I have got to say: they were a huge success.

I didn't miss any of the butter, eggs or milk that would usually go into my muffins. They were light, fluffy, and oh so chocolatey.




And since it is snowing, this is hardly weather to go out, so I am Christmas shopping online while eating these delicious muffins. Whoever thought up online shopping, I want to walk up to you and shake your hand. Thank you.





Vegan Chocolate Muffins
printable recipe


What you'll need:

-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
-1 cup white sugar
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon salt
-1/3 cup cocoa powder
-1/2 cup oil
-1 cup water
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 tablespoon vinegar


Directions:

    1.   Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
    2.   In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients together until fully combined. Scoop the mixture into the prepared muffin pan and bake for around 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.


You might also like:
Vegan Chocolate Maple Syrup Muffins 
Chocolate Filled Banana Muffins 
Marble Cream Cheese Brownie 

12 comments:

  1. soft n spongy.. tempting muffins..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! And I agree - I even do a lot of my grocery shopping online. Best invention ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually make muffins using flaxseed in place of eggs, it is a great swap. These look tasty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE online shopping too! I`m definitely going to save this recipe for my vegan friends! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad I am finished with all Christmas present shopping long time ago.. But I haven't got the Christmas tree!! :D

    Vegan can be delicious! But I like to have a choice and make it only ocassionally, I am not sure I would be able to eat vegan always :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just thought you're just joking ! lol For sure these vegan muffins are delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vegan! You had me at vegan. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find vegan baked goods to actually be amazingly moist! These look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was also looking at some online stores this morning. Happy shopping and merry christmas to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking recipe! Although I'm not a vegan (or vegetarian), I often cook vegan fare - I enjoy the discipline, and it can be quite tasty. These look wonderful! Good stuff - thanks. And I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cathleen, no butter, eggs and milk sounds strange but I believe you! Will try it as soon as I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look awesome and quite simple. I like to bake vegan on occasion so this is definitely a recipe i would try out.

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.