Tuesday, 24 September 2013
Coconut Chocolate Protein Squares
A couple of weeks ago, one of my friends thought it was a good idea to sign me up with his REC soccer team at my university. This was a bad idea for so many reasons. One: I have never played soccer. Maybe once or twice in a high school gym class, but never seriously. Two: I can't run for more than 10 minutes without getting out of breath. Yeah, it's bad.
We had our first game on Sunday. When signing in, I had at least 4 people laugh at our team name. We named ourselves "Victorious Secret" - and we lived up to our name. We won 5-1.
But now, two days after, I am so ridiculously sore! I didn't want to get out of bed and go to school. I guess now I know why I never played soccer until now!
But since I am being more active now, I needed to make something to reflect my healthy decision. So I bought some protein powder, bought some flax seeds, and made these protein squares. But of course, as I do with most things, I covered it in chocolate.
Hey, no one's perfect!
Adapted from Money Saving Mom
What you'll need:
-1 banana, mashed
-1 1/2 cups oars
-2 tablespoons flax seeds
-3 scoops vanilla protein powder
-1/4 cup natural peanut butter
-1/4 cup shredded coconut
-1/4 cup butter, melted
-1/4 cup raisins
-1/4 cup water
-1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the banana, oats, flax seeds, protein powder, peanut butter, coconut, butter, raisins and water.
2. Line an 8x8-inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spread the mixture evenly into the pan.
3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave, stopping in 30 second intervals to stir.
4. Spread the melted chocolate over the mixture in the pan, and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
5. Cut into squares and store in the freezer.