12 Oct 2013

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Smoothie



I know I should be making pumpkin recipes, I know I should say goodbye to summer, I know it's almost getting too cold to be having smoothies, but...I just can't help it!

The thing is, a couple of weeks ago, I bought a HUGE bag of raisins so that I could make oatmeal raisin cookies (can you believe I have never made any in my life??) but school keeps getting in the way of cookie making.

But getting food fixes is way easier when I have a blender. Instead of cookies, I can just make a smoothie!




I was a little hesitant at first. I mean, I once ordered a blueberry smoothie at a restaurant and it tasted like garlic then later a hint of blueberry, which totally freaked me out, because I thought I stepped into Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and I was going to turn into a giant blueberry.

But I've got to say, this smoothie turned out great! Who needs cookies when I have this smoothie? Drink up!





What you'll need:

-1/4 cup oats
-2 bananas, cut into coins and frozen
-1/4 cup milk
-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
-1 tablespoon raisins


Directions:

    1.   Combine all ingredients in a blender, and puree until smooth.

29 comments:

  1. Smoothie looks rich and creamy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. New and different , bring them on .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raisins in a BLENDER? That's weird! Is it chunky or smooth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blender is fantastic, it was very smooth and creamy. But I think if your blender can blend up ice cubes without making it chunky, it will definitely work with raisins!

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried oats in my smoothie though, but I bet that's super delish with the raw cashew milk! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oatmeal Raisin cookies seem like a fall kind of cookie - not summery at least!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything with bananas! Bananas with oats, raisins and cinnamon sounds so delicious, especially in a smoothie! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't mind to have this everyday! Looks creamy and sounds so healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds awesome! Oats and raisins in a smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely yummy food... mmm
    Now following you on GFC
    Keren
    From my blog: Fabulous-farmliving

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks delicious....just mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am into smoothies these days...I should give this a try.. it sounds fantastic!

    Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me , too , re pumpkin :P I haven't made smoothie for months ugh! Your flavor combo sounds divine !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this looks like an incredible smoothie !

    ReplyDelete
  14. raisin in smoothie? emm..it's a great new idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so delicious!! Definitely something I'm going to have to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun smoothie with equally delicious flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is going to be my new afternoon pick me up smoothie! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great smoothie, and a healthy one. Will surely try it out for my breakfast sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so clever and delicious-looking! It's never too cold for smoothies :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so creative! Having just tried oats in my smoothies, this sounds amazing! I think I'll sub cranberries for the raisins (I'm the weird one who doesn't like raisins:) What a great recipe, Cathleen! It's so great, I forgive you for not posting pumpkin:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that you put raisins in a smoothie! I love them and this sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This has to be one of the more inventive smoothie recipes I've seen. Brilliant! You took my favorite cookie and made it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very healthy and creative smoothie and a perfect way to kick start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Smoothies should be year-round kinda treats! This sounds addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This sounds so delicious and I bet the raisins add the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cookie in a smoothie!? Nothing can be more delish!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.