I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving!
Now it's time to work off all that food you all ate yesterday so that you can pig out when Christmas rolls around! And running around today for Black Friday doesn't count!
So to help you along the way, I have made some protein bars! The perfect fuel for a post-Thanksgiving workout.
To be honest with you, I have never tried protein bars. Since I worked at Safeway, I have seen countless people buying them, but I have never bought them due to their crazy expensive prices. Is it just in Canada, or are protein bars at least $2.50 per bar?
So I have made a cheaper, less processed version. Since I have never actually had a protein bar, I can safely say that these were the best protein bars I have ever tried.
So give it a try! It'll be a great break from all the leftover turkey I'm sure you're trying to eat your way through!
What you'll need:
-1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs
-1 tablespoon cinnamon
-3/4 cup shredded cinnamon
-1/4 cup honey
-1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
-1/2 cup oats
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, 1/2 cup coconut, protein powder, graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon until fully combined.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the egg and honey.
4. Slowly mix in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
5. Line a square baking pan with aluminum foil. Pack the mixture into the prepared baking pan, and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup coconut and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Let cool and cut into bars.