Thursday, 1 May 2014

Oatmeal Yogurt Raisin Cookies



At the beginning of April, I wanted to make oatmeal raisin cookies. Instead, I got nervous and had to add some walnuts to make my walnut oatmeal raisin cookies.

This time, I wanted to try to make them again. Just plain oatmeal raisin cookies. And still, I had to make it weird by putting yogurt covered raisins in the place of raisins.

It seems like I am incapable of making Plain Jane oatmeal raisin cookies.




But the reason I made these cookies as opposed to regular raisin cookies is because I buy SO many bags of yogurt covered raisins. They are my not-so-secret addiction.

And since swimsuit season is rapidly approaching, I probably didn't want bags of these things lying around within my reach.

Sharing them in cookie form is always the solution.




I'm always happy when I get to add another cookie recipe to my repertoire. I mean, who doesn't like cookies! I'm sure I could bribe my entire class to do their homework if I promised a couple of Oreos upon completion.

Hmm.. That might be a good idea...




But these cookies! They may even make raisin haters forget they hate raisins! I mean, if the raisins are hidden in yogurt which are then hidden in cookies?

These cookies, as most cookies in my house, were gone within a couple of days. Now as I'm writing this, I want to make more.

Well, I have to use my many bags of yogurt covered raisins somehow!





Oatmeal Yogurt Raisin Cookies
printable recipe

What you'll need:

-1 1/2 cups rolled oats
-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/2 cup butter, softened
-1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
-1/2 cup white sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 egg
-1/2 cup yogurt covered raisins

Directions:

    1.   Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
    2.   In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, flours, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
    3.   In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix well. Stir in the oat mixture and mix well.
    4.   Stir in the yogurt covered raisins.
    5.   Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
    6.   Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then allow to cool completely on wire racks.

30 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a good old fashioned oatmeal cookie.
    Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA. We think so much alike!! My sister wanted some oatmeal raisin cookies, but while I was buying raisins, I saw yogurt covered raisins and bought them instead!!! These look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathleen , your cookies looks delicious thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a healthy version of cookies, thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oatmeal, yogurt and raisin...awesome breakfast cookies, Cathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I'm addicted to those yogurt-covered raisins too! My husband thinks it's so weird but I think they're awesome. Next time I buy them in bulk I'll try sticking them in cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I´ve never heard about yogurt covered raisins before! I have to check if I find them here in Germany :) maybe I´m the next one getting addictec to it?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chunky, chewy and tasty! :) ela

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never thought to use yogurt covered raisins in a cookie before! What a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm one of those people that aren't fans of raisins... but if it's coated in yogurt and in a cookie... well maybe ;) Hahaha these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look like perfect cookies! Delicious beyond...

    ReplyDelete
  12. My son recently discovered yogurt covered raisins, now they're the only kind he wants.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woooo... yogurt covered raisins cookies! Sounds really tasty. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh galletas se ven deliciosas y perfectas,abrazos

    ReplyDelete
  15. My husband loves his oatmeal raisin cookies thick and moist. He's going to love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love oatmeal cookies and seriously who would be able to resist yogurt covered oatmeal cookies. I'd do your homework for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would like any kind of oatmeal cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't normally love raisins, but yogurt-covered raisins are a whole different story. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adding yogurt covered raisins to oatmeal cookies is a fabulous idea! They're very addicting so using them in cookies sounds great instead of eating half the bag. haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the idea of adding yogurt raisins to these! I love them too! I bet it made the cookies downright irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love yogurt-covered raisins! I am not a raisin person, so cover them in yogurt {or chocolate!}, and I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look absolutely delicious - love the yogurt covered raisins in here! I could eat them by the handful :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yogurt covered raisins are so tasty! I wouldn't have thought to add them to cookies. What a great idea. I bet they are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love yogurt covered raisins too. So Very Much. Will be making these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I agree, it's hard to make a plain old oatmeal cookie - something always creeps in there! These look lovely!
    cheers - Donalyn@ http://thecreeksidecook.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am oddly addicted to yogurt (and chocolate) covered raisins too, even though I don't really like plain raisins! I've never thought to put them in cookies though - these sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love oatmeal cookies. When I read yogurt I wondered how yogurt cookie would turn out - but then I saw its yogurt coated raisins. That would work really well. Even these raisins on its own are super delicious

    ReplyDelete
  28. This sounds fantastic! I love yogurt and chocolate covered raisins and nuts, SO TASTY! Whenever I need l;ike a brolly or something from the poundshop, I find it hard to pass the "healthy" snack section, mmmmm! How many cookies does this recipe yield? :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...